Manufacturing Technician I
We’re looking for a Manufacturing Technician to add to our fast-growing team! You will be responsible for building state-of-the-art robotic systems under supervision.
This position will report directly to the Director of Operations. The preferred candidate must have a desire to learn new technologies and adapt to rapidly changing processes. This is a wonderful opportunity to grow with a fast-moving startup that deploys robotics and machine vision to the cannabis industry. Please visit Vape-Jet.com and click on the “Team” tab to learn more about the team before applying. On-the-job training will be provided.
This position will require work to be done in-person at our manufacturing facility in Tigard.
Founded in 2019, Vape-Jet is an automation technology company in Tigard, OR, in the exciting world of ancillary cannabis solutions. Specifically, we manufacture automation machines and create software that automates filling for cartridges and other devices. To get a feel for our team and technology, check out: https://vape-jet.com/about/ . We are #startuplyfe, but we are kicking butt, and want someone to come join us to kick even more butt.
● Assemble electrical and mechanical components under the direction of the Director of Operations.
● Provide general shop assistance, including administrative tasks.
● Operate and maintain production equipment (3D printers and CNC mills).
● Restocking components, cleaning, and organizing production areas.
● Maintain inventory logs and perform shipping and receiving activities.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Strong attention to detail and note taking required.
● Team-oriented with the ability to work independently as needed.
● Effective hand-tool (occasional power tools) usage and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
● The ability to stand for long periods of time and occasionally lift 50 pounds.
● Computer literacy including Windows OS and Office Suite (JIRA, Odoo/ERP familiarity is a plus).
● Previous electronics wiring experience desired.
● 100% coverage for basic health benefits/dental (this is unheard of for a start-up…please take note that we take care of our people)
● Simple IRA with 3% matching (also unheard of for startup companies! Notice a trend?)
● 10 days paid vacation and paid holidays
● Flexible schedules (as long as clients are taken care of)
● Bi-weekly production bonus pool after 60 days.
● 4×10 schedule available after training if desired.
● Occasional cat memes