Founded in 2019, Vape-Jet is an automation technology company in Tigard, Oregon, in the exciting world of cannabis equipment solutions. Specifically, we manufacture automation systems and create software that automates filling for cartridges and other devices. To get a feel for our team and technology, check out: Vape-Jet.com
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Product Support Technician I to add to our fast-growing team. This is a wonderful opportunity to grow within a fast-moving startup. You will be responsible for providing customers with remote technical support. This position will report directly to the Product Support Manager. The preferred candidate must have a desire to learn innovative technologies while following, developing, and improving existing standard operating procedures. Though experience in customer facing and technical support roles are ideal, on-the-job training will be provided.
The majority of our customer base is located on the East Coast, so we are looking to expand our support coverage hours with overlapping shifts. This position is flexible, either in-person at our manufacturing facility in Tigard, Oregon or remote if on the East Coast. The ideal candidate will be available Monday through Friday 8am-4pm Eastern Time (5am-1pm Pacific Time), with a paid lunch break. (Occasional travel may be required for on-site technical support.)
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures to triage incoming support requests.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our existing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical issues remotely.
- Provide training to new and existing customers on how to use our products.
- Maintain a sense of professionalism and calm in high-stress interactions with customers.
- Coordinate with on-site Product Support Team to ship replacement components as needed.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong attention to detail and note taking required.
- Team-oriented with the ability to work independently as needed.
- Familiarity with technical support desired.
- Computer literacy including Windows, Office Suite, JIRA or other help desk systems (Odoo/ERP familiarity is a plus).
- $23-$27/hour (Depending on Experience)
- Paid lunch and breaks
- 100% coverage for basic health benefits/dental at 60 days
- Simple IRA with 3% matching at 60 days
- 10 days paid vacation and paid holidays
- Lots of cat memes